Monday, April 4, 2011

Reduction print


Here's the efforts from my first reduction print. The flowers look familiar (ie: see the header above, and also my last collection). This was so much fun, I'm having a really good time in the class. I'm not the greatest at it, but I'm learning a lot and having a good time. With a reduction print, one block is used, and the prints you create are a limited edition, with the one block being carved and printed with each color. For this print, I used 7 colors - a bit ambitious for my first one, but I think it turned out really cute, and using the easy-cut block was just what the name claims - it was easy!

2 comments:

Jane Grant Tentas said...

Really looks great! You're a natural at this! Good luck on your etching!

Sarah Pecorino said...

It looks great! Nice color choices.